Over 16 years of experience in Software Development, Architecture, Project Management, and Technical Leadership. Recent experience with GraphQL API development and leading development for Cloud-based apps using React.js and Node.js stack.
Recent Key Skills
Senior Engineer, June 2022 - Present
- Built and updated various backend systems using GraphQL, gRPC, Golang, Rails, and Next.js.
Technical Lead, Mass Data Migration, 2018 - 2022
- Architected and developed ordering and backend management app for our product Mass Data Migrations in IBM Cloud (React.js, Node.js, TypeScript, ES2015, Cloudant).
- Created user stories and managed sprints, collaborated with various stakeholders to align our goals and deliverables.
- Extensively documented our code, processes, APIs, and troubleshooting guides.
Senior Software Engineer, Mass Data Migration, 2017 - 2018
- Helped bring a new product, Mass Data Migrations, to market by working closely with Offering Managers, designers, and distributed teams across the United States and South America.
- Created ordering and backend management interface in SoftLayer catalog (PHP, Zend Framework, RabbitMQ).
Senior Software Engineer, Monitoring, 2014 - 2017
- Supported & enhanced web-based Infrastructure Management System built on Zend Framework.
- Developed web services for interfacing with backend monitoring infrastructure consisting of Nagios and Nimsoft.
- Developed a high-performance monitoring poller in Golang with the capacity to handle more than 100K polls per minute.
Senior Software Engineer, 2012 - 2014
- Developed & designed a PCI-compliant Customer Manager portal using Zend Framework (PHP). Customer Service used this portal to look up and update customer details, process certain orders, and run various reports.
- Developed modules for Magento based websites including integration with the Customer Manager portal, with a custom subscription system, and various web services.
- Created RESTful Web Services for clients and vendors to automate various manual processes (PHP/CodeIgniter).
- Advocated for modern development practices and set up various systems such as debuggers, Git, code reviews, and unit tests.
- Researched, troubleshooted, and debugged various technical issues. Documented legacy code.
Software Architect, 2010 - 2012
- Designed & developed an ITIL-based IT budgeting web application using CodeIgniter and jQuery.
- Developed financial reports using Pentaho Report Designer & SQL.
- Administered Pentaho Business Intelligence server, a J2EE application on a Linux platform.
- Hired and managed an offshore team. Provided technical guidance and training to team members.
Programmer Analyst, 2008 - 2009
- Supported a complex enterprise website with over $48 billion per year in revenues.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to assist in design, analysis, and requirement gathering. Also assisted in resolving support and application issues.
- Designed a process for customer data copy between Oracle databases during the rollout of major upgrades to the website without impacting live customers.
- Took charge during production issues and made critical decisions to restore services.
- Wrote JSP & J2EE code, Oracle PL/SQL procedures, and Korn shell scripts.
Software Engineer, 2006 - 2007
- Developed a complex J2EE website that allowed users to place online orders, manage their servers, and view reports.
- Created key Business Intelligence reports using Pentaho BI and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services that business partners used to make critical business decisions.
State University of New York at Plattsburgh, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2002
Published on , last updated on .